It is never too late to achieve a better smile through straightening your teeth, and adult braces are a great way to do exactly that.All too many adults are hesitant about the idea of getting braces, fearing they may be judged by others and it is simply too late for them. However, this is not…
The Benefits of Digital Dental Impressions
Digital dental impressions are done with technology that lets dentists create a computer-generated replica of the soft and hard tissues in your mouth using optical scanning devices. Thanks to this technology, dentists can capture accurate impressions in a matter of minutes, saving themselves and their patients a lot of time.
What you need to know about digital dental impressions
What are the different types of digital dental impressions?
There are two main types of digital dental impressions dentists currently use. One of them is used to take digital photographs, giving dentists images of your mouth, while the other records digital video. The images are captured using digital scanning or lasers.
The laser scanning uses a concentrated light, but it is safe and incredibly accurate. With the laser scanning, dentists get a detailed look at your teeth and gums without you having to place any unpleasant materials in your mouth.
The digital scanning is also very accurate, but you will be required to have your teeth powder-coated before they are scanned to make sure the impression is properly recorded.
What are the benefits of digital dental impressions?
The biggest benefit of digital dental impressions is the fact that they save you and your dentist a lot of time that would have been spent physically trying to get an impression of your mouth. Some of the other benefits include:
- Reduced risk of error: Digital dental impressions provide the most accurate impressions of your mouth and teeth, reducing the risk of your dentist making an error, which reduces your dentist’s chances of making mistakes when ordering the materials needed to fix your dental problem.
- Improved comfort: Even though traditional impression methods still get the job done, the process can be uncomfortable because you will be required to put material into your mouth. Digital impressions do not require putting anything in your mouth, with the only inconvenience being having your teeth powder-coated before a digital scan.
- Speed: A digital scan can be completed in less than five minutes, which is something patients will appreciate.
- Data can be stored electronically: Since the scans are digital, you can keep a record of the impression indefinitely because it is stored electronically, making it easier to access for future reference.
- It is eco-friendly: Digital dental impressions are great for the environment because they are eco-friendly. Since everything is done digitally, there is no need for plastic trays and the other impression materials that were used in the past.
- Better restorations: The accuracy of the digital dental scans allows your dentist to make better restorations because they have a clearer picture of your mouth than they could get with the traditional impressions.
- Improved patient experience: In the past, you were unable to see what your dentist was doing, which can be nerve-wracking. With the digital impressions, your dentist can allow you to watch the video of what they are trying to do, which should help you with any questions you might have and give you some peace of mind while you are in the chair.
Digital dental impressions are changing the way dentists make dental impressions these days because it provides them with the most accurate images of your mouth. If you are tired of having to put uncomfortable material in your mouth when you get a dental impression, talk to your dentist about getting digital dental impression technology.
Request an appointment here: https://alignorthodontics.com or call Align Orthodontics at (303) 558-1071 for an appointment in our Louisville office.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Advancements in dental technology have allowed those with oral problems to repair their smile, especially in the case of kids' braces. Children have benefitted from braces since the early 20th century, as this dental gear can straighten crooked or misaligned teeth, even in small patients. Much has improved over the years, allowing orthodontists to fit…
Looking for information on braces? Perhaps the most prevalent question orthodontists and patients have to address when it comes to teeth straightening is whether it is better to go with braces or clear aligners for treatment. Although each one is an effective option, there are times when one may be preferable to the other.Braces and…
Orthodontic care has helped people of all ages achieve the smile they want. Treatment can also be effective at correcting jaw conditions, bite dysfunctions and crooked teeth. If you or a child has any of these issues, it could be beneficial to make an appointment with an orthodontist. The right time to meet with one…